11 Moments of Girl Power from the Women of The Office
It can be argued that The Office was the greatest show ever created in the history of man. Those who argue that it isn’t are wrong but I digress. This is the best show ever and not just because of the genius that is Michael Gary Scott. The show perfectly highlights the trials and tribulations of love, affairs, friendships and the mundane details that get the best of us who work in an office and that is all just the tip of the iceberg. It would take me a series of blog posts to explain why I find The Office to be such a magical watching experience but for now, I will start here: the women of the office and how much they kick ass. It is easy to overlook anyone who isn't Michael Scott, but these women seriously kick ass and have set some standards and ways of living that all of us girls could implement in our routines and aspirations
1. When Erin is tired of Andy's lying bullshit and throws cake in his face
I think all of us have a person in our lives we wish we could throw a hunk of cake at. Kudos to Erin for following through on those emotions.
2. Pam creates a job promotion for herself and makes Gabe stand down
“One thing I learned from watching Tournament Poker at two in the morning: you don't play your cards, you play your opponent.” - Pam
3. That time Nellie trolled Andy on the internet and showed him really how to make someone's life a living hell
We all know Andy deserved it. #TeamNellie
4. When Holly tried to propose to Michael
Some people might think its weird she took the initiative to propose, but I have mad respect for a woman who saw what she wanted and went for it like Holly trying to propose to Michael. It shows she has balls and isn’t afraid to stray from gender norms.
5. Angela sprayed Dwight down with the hose and made his crazy aunt calm the fuck down
I can’t tell you how many times I wished I had a giant hose to shut some men up
6. When Phyllis get to be Santa and doesn't give in to Michaels temper tantrum
Michael is infamous for his temper tantrums, but Phyllis wouldn't give into his Santa one. She asked, and she waited and damnit, she DESERVED TO BE SANTA.
7. Meredith inviting Michael and DeAngelo in after being caught doing a walk of shame
Meredith gets a lot of hate but not only did she own up to her walk of shame, but she was also able to laugh it off and invite Michael and Deangelo in for breakfast AAANNND she was the only one genuinely excited to be nominated for a dundie. If that doesn’t show she truly doesn't give a crap what people think of her and is her truest self at all times, then I don’t know what will.
8. Jo Bennets introduction
I literally get shivers every time Kathy Bates introduces herself as Jo Bennet the new owner of Dunder Mifflin. Such authority and girl boss goals.
9. When Phyllis two year long orgasm
10. When pam is the only one who can fix the flat tire after their trip to the mall
In a time of need with a car full of people, who saved the day? Pam. Because Pam is a bad ass. She grew from a shy and quiet receptionist to a kick-ass office administrator babe.
11. Karen and Pam overcome their past and hug it out while being genuinely happy for one another
It can be hard letting go of the past especially with it involves hurt feelings, but both Pam and Karen were not only able to hug it out but be genuinely happy for one another and finally get some long-awaited closure.