On my Mind: Links for the Week
This week is kind of a huge deal in our house. Grant is traveling all week, so I will be manning down the fort and getting ready for our camping trip which we leave for immediately after he gets back. The love of my life, Grant, is turning 30, and to celebrate I have planned and prepared for our first solo camping trip with just each other. On one hand, while I am completely excited, it still is a lot to do, especially when you're not exactly known for loving the activity. Full disclosure, I haven’t even gone camping since I was probably 9 with my best friend from elementary school. I had talked my parents into going camping with us (who hate camping), and we left early. That was the beginning and end of my family camping experiences, but I caught a bug and am SO EXCITED to leave for the great outdoors on Friday.
That being said, I still know what I am about with is comfort so since I am planning this trip, it’s definitely not going to be about roughing it. Part of the reason I wanted to design a camping trip for Grant’s Dirty 30 was that he loves it, and I knew it would be special but that doesn’t mean I am ready to roll around in the dirt and poop in a hole so this will definitely be more of a glamping trip. I don’t think he will mind though ;)
1. I think after last week news and the rates being published we all need to be more open about depression...if you are currently struggling, please know there is help out there for you <3
2. I seriously cannot wait to read THIS by the campfire this weekend because
3. Ok, how delicious does this look? I think this might be our birthday dinner!!
4. Warm fuzzy blankets can be utilitarian AND decorative, amirite?!
5. Since this was my first time planning a camping trip and I am not naturally drawn to being an outdoorswoman (aka I don't know what I am doing), A Cup of Jo blog post on how to camp and enjoy it was a lifesaver and so informative
6. How is Target so good? I love their Joy Lab collection and am currently drooling over this yellow parka jacket which I might need to pick up before we leave on Friday...
8. HOW FREAKING COOL ARE THESE
Can't wait for this weekends camping trip and sharing all the mishaps or success stories that come out of it!